We’ve been concerned for awhile now about chemicals in products around our home. Many products have ingredients like “fragrance” that actually contain things like formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. So especially for products that I use on my babies, I want to make sure they are truly safe. Wee Generation, made by Seventh Generation, is way ahead of the curve in keeping us safe from environmental chemicals in their whole line of products — not just their baby products! All Wee Generation products are
- USDA Certified Biobased 97%
- Gluten free
- No parabens, phthalates or synthetic fragrances.
All of my babies had incredibly sensitive skin, so we were very limited as to what we could use on their skin. And my nephew is the same. Even the products that the hospital sent home were too harsh for his skin. Products like Wee Generation are a life-saver for parents who both need extra safe and sensitive products for reasons of conscience and necessity.
- Wee Generation Sunscreen offers broad-spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection that’s good for the whole family. The water-resistant SPF 30 formula features non-absorbing mineral sun filters that stay on the skin’s surface to defend against harmful rays. Contains no chemical sunscreens, parabens, gluten or PABA. Its a great non-greasy, natural formula that doesn’t leave a yucky white residue or have a funny smell. A little bit goes a long way, so you really get your money’s worth.
- Wee Generation Bubble Bath is fabulous. My kids love bubble baths and this is a safe, clean alternative to the dye- and fragrance-filled options you usually see in the stores. These make tons of bubbles that really last – but with no parabens, phthalates or synthetic fragrances.
- Wee Generation Baby Lotion is also wonderful. Its made with all-natural olive oil, absorbs quickly and leaves skin smooth and moisturized – not greasy. Perfect for keeping skin moisturized during dry winter months!
- Wee Generation Diaper Creme is made with 100% plant-based ingredients, providing a natural shield against wetness. It is also fragrance-free, which will save baby’s sensitive bottom from more irritation.
- Wee Generation Foaming Baby Shampoo & Wash and Wee Generation Shampoo & Wash are both not only natural, gentle and tear-free, but are infused with extra virgin olive oil. Smells lovely – not perfumey – and the olive oil is great for babies with dry scalps!
Overall, we’re big fans of Wee Generations here in our house and we highly recommend them! I recently attended a seminar from Wee Generations where Tina Allen of Liddle Kidz Foundation shared Five Tips for Baby Massage:
- Choose the Best Time and Place
Creating the best environment for massage is an ideal way to give yourself, and baby time to relax. Choose a familiar place that is warm, quiet and with few distractions. The best time for massage is when baby is awake, healthy and happy. Some babies prefer the morning, while others prefer the afternoon or before bedtime.
- Be comfortable
Relax, enjoy and have fun! Position yourself so that you are comfortable. Be sure baby is safe and placed on a soft area. Keep in mind, babies roll and become slippery when using oil. Be sure your hands are warm and clean before you begin.
- Choosing Massage Oil
While it is not required, using oil can help make massage more enjoyable for some babies and parents. Olive oil and Grapeseed oil are some of the best choices for infant massage. However if you choose to use lotions be sure to choose a non-toxic option, like Seventh Generation baby lotion – which contains olive oil as a main ingredient.
- Ask Permission
Infant massage can be a wonderful tool for increasing your communication. Massage is not something that parents do to their baby, but rather with their little one. Listen to your baby. She will give you the signals to let you know she is enjoying massage, or when she is all done for now.
- Know When Not to Massage
Never provide massage for your baby without permission (when sleeping, crying or fussy). Avoid massage when he is ill, has a fever or infection. If he has broken skin, rash or bruising. Wait at least 48 – 72 hours following immunizations. For tummy massage, wait 30 minutes after eating. If he has any special healthcare needs seek further guidance as to what would be the safest approach.
Win a Wee Generations gift basket valued at $50! TWO lucky All Things Chic readers will win!
2. Like All Things Chic on Facebook to keep up with what’s happening on our site (then comment here to tell us!)
3. Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter & follow me on Twitter @AllThingsChic
I entered to win a @SeventhGen Wee Generation Gift Basket on @AllThingsChic! Entered here: http://wp.me/p1PAuP-6pV
One winner will be selected at random using the And The Winner Is plugin for WordPress and will be notified by email. Winner must have a U.S. Mailing address. For other contest rules, see our giveaway policies page.
Disclosure: I am part of a program with Wee Generations with The Motherhood, was provided with products to facilitate this post and give away to my readers. I was compensated for this campaign but, as always, all opinions are my own.