Ladies, it’s that time of year again. A few warm breezes have swept from coast to coast, and some of you have probably even donned a higher hemline or lighter jacket. With the onset of spring fashion, of course, comes that of spring skin. And no matter what yours suffered these past several months, there are steps that can be taken to improve it!
Kate Somerville, goddess of the skincare world, has some helpful advice for anyone who is suffering from what we’ll call PWSSD (Post-Winter Skin Stress Disorder). She breaks down for us how to brighten and freshen up skin after the harsh effects of cold weather, forced air heating and more:
1. Look for exfoliating products with Fruit Enzymes, gentle Acids, and smooth Microbeads to do the job. Avoid rough ingredients like ground Walnut Shells – they have jagged edges and can damage the skin.
2. If your skin needs consistent but mild exfoliation, mix ExfoliKate Gentle Exfoliating Treatment with any cleanser to boost cell turnover and polish skin. This combination can be used every day for those who don’t have a facial scrubbing brush.
3. Wake up to glowing skin by adding one pump of Micro Glycolic Polisher to your regular night time moisturizer for a less intense, mild exfoliator. If your skin is more oily or mature, you can use this trick 3-4 times a week. If you are using other exfoliating products, stick to 1-2 times a week so you don’t risk over-stimulating your skin.
4. Pay attention to the rest of your body! Sleeveless dresses and leg-baring shorts and skirts are right around the corner. A great way to prep your skin for warmer temperatures is by dry brushing. Before showering, try a soft natural-fiber brush or loofah to sweep away dead cells and tiny bumps and encourage the lymphatic system to release toxins.
5. If you prefer body scrubs, look for one with rich emollients like ExfoliKate Body Intensive Exfoliating Treatment. If your skin is very dry, apply your scrub to dry skin before you shower to polish, hydrate and soften skin. Mix with a little bit of water and work over your entire body. To focus on dry feet, hands and elbows, mix a pump or two of Micro Glycolic Polisher to keep problem areas baby soft.
6. DIY masks are great for at-home spa moments and relaxation. Try a yogurt mask by applying a teaspoon of plain, organic yogurt to your face and letting it sit for five minutes. The Lactic Acid in the yogurt will gently dissolve dead skin cells to leave skin looking polished and feeling smooth. If your skin is dry, add organic honey to the yogurt to hydrate skin.
Happy, healthy skin can be yours! Let us know how these tips and tricks work for you.