I hosted a fall open house and I was looking for good appetizer recipes. I had dips, cheese platters, veggie platters, flatbread pizzas –
but I wanted another protein that would taste great at room temperature. So I came up with this easy appetizer!
- 3-5 different types of sausages (I used Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage, Spinach Fontina & Garlic Chicken Sausage, Hofbrau Brats and Sweet Italian Sausage - all from Trader Joe's.)
- Honey Dijon Mustard (Mine is from our farmer's market, but Grey Poupion has a great one!)
- Day before the party: Bake sausages on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes at 350. Let cool and put in fridge for tomorrow. (I separated them into 4 containers, since they all looked alike!)
- 1/2 hour before party: Slice sausages into bite sized pieces. One type of sausage at a time, quickly heat up in a grill pan or frying pan.
- Serve on a big platter with mustard.
If you buy pre-cooked sausages, you can skip step one altogether! Even easier!