For summer entertaining, you can’t be much cuter than these bumblebee cupcakes with almond swirl frosting! Perfect for a picnic or kids’ party, these darling cupcakes are a sure hit! These little bumblebee icing decorations are available in stores or on Amazon.
They look hard, but they’re really not. To swirl the frosting, just fill in half the piping bag with yellow frosting and the other half with white frosting. Squeeze the bag until the air bubbles are out and both colors come out evenly – it doesn’t have to be perfect! To frost cupcakes start by swirling in a circle and then add on top of that in a swirling motion and voilá!
- 6 C powdered sugar
- ½ C salted butter-softened
- ½ C Crisco
- 1 T light corn syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 C whole milk
- Icing Bee decorations from Wilton
- Add in butter and Crisco into a large bowl and blend with electric mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add in corn syrup and almond extract and blend until well combined.
- Add in 2 C sugar and a little bit of milk alternately until all is well combined.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Once ready to frost cupcakes take the frosting out of fridge and get the frosting bad and Wilton tip #1 M.
- Cut the tip off of the frosting bag and slide in the frosting tip.
- Grab a large cup and place the frosting bag inside and flip out the sides.
- Add a yellow gel coloring to half of the white frosting in a separate bowl.
- Fill in half the bag with yellow frosting and the other half with white frosting.
- Squeeze the bag until the air bubbles are out and both colors come out evenly.
- To frost cupcakes start by swirling in a circle and then add on top of that in a swirling motion.
- Top off with a Wilton icing bee decorations.