If you follow me on social media, you probably noticed that we did a little something different this month.
My husband and I went on an adventure of a lifetime! We escaped the winter chill in Philly and visited Ecuador, including the Galapagos Islands! It was magical, breathtaking and such a uniquely beautiful place. And, like most unique places, it presented some pretty unique challenges – especially for packing!
(Do you like this hat/bathing suit/dress combo? Good because I’m wearing it in 95% of the pictures.)
We were dealing with strict packing limits on this trip – we were limited by the weight and size of our bags. SO, I had to do some creative packing to prepare for this trip! Whether you’re packing to go to somewhere super exotic and off the beaten path or just going to grandma’s house, we have some super tips for any trip you want to take!
- Travel Size It: G buy these little travel containers. They are THE BEST! I can take my Pantene Expert Intense Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner with me wherever I go! Especially when I’m traveling somewhere with humid weather, the Intense Smooth collection has one of Pantene’s most concentrated Pro-V formulas for instant frizz control. By bringing my own hair products with me, I’m prepared and looking great, even when my hair is in shock from an extreme climate change.
- Bring Meds: I have a Ziploc bag that is always in my suitcase. It’s filled with a little bit of everything. From pain relievers to stomach meds to supplements to bandages, when you’re in a strange city and it’s late, the last thing you need to do is have to find an open pharmacy! Especially if you’re traveling off-the-grid, always bring more than you think you may need.
- Pack Multi-Purpose Products: Any double duty items you have, trips like this one is where they really can pay off. I barely brought any makeup, but did have a tinted moisturizer that doubled as foundation, a conditioner that smooths and doubles as a gel; a lipstick that can be used as blush, the list can go on! I brought my Olay Complete All Day Moisurizer with SPF 30 to add an extra layer of protection from the sun! Even if we were just going out to dinner, if the sun is up in Ecuador, you need sun protection on your face! And this one is light enough even for summer days – it moisturizes without being heavy or sticky.
- Don’t Skimp Where You Need It Most: During our trip, we were literally standing on the Equator. So it was H.O.T! I knew that a tiny travel sized deodorant was not going to cut it! That’s why I brought my and boy, did it get tested! I needed a clinical strength to keep me dry and the 48 Hour Odor Protection was a must! It had 4 times the wetness protection required of an ordinary antiperspirant, which was perfect, since I was 4 times hotter than normal.
- RELAX!: Don’t let stress over packing ruin your fun. You really can survive a week without makeup or your favorite eye cream. I promise. It was rough, but I managed. See me roughing it?Want to get travel ready? Share what P&G beauty products you’re packing in your suitcase on your next trip and win!