You don’t need to go to the salon and splurge on an expensive cut a color to update your look!
1. Change your part: It completely changes your look. And it can add volume to your hair: try parting your hair on the opposite side and see the extra volume!
2. Go curly: If you have curly or wavy hair, embrace it! Try a curl enhancing shampoo or styling product to really get curls defined and easy to control. If you have straight hair, use a wand for natural looking waves. For only a few minutes of your time and the cost of a curling wand, you can completely mix up your look!
3. Go straight: Blow dry hair with a round brush, then smooth on a heat protecting serum. Finish off with a flat iron, smoothing hair from roots to tips, finishing off with hair spray. Go sleek and sophisticated!
Look at how grown up and glam Taylor Swift is with straight hair!
4. Highlights: Either do it yourself with an at-home highlighting kit or pop into a salon. My local Great Clips had a sign outside the other day offering 10 highlights for under $25! Just adding a few highlights around your face will lift and brighten your whole look!
5. Add Color: At-home color is amazing these days. If you’re nervous, go with a semi-permanent shade close to your own. It only lasts about a month, so there’s little risk, but it may be the quick change you need to get you out of a style rut!