You know those festive holiday sweaters (maybe that a very thoughtful person gave you as a gift…) that tend to get put into the back of the closet and forgotten. It’s time to pull them out and have a party! Better yet, invite your friends over and tell them to wear their festive sweaters too!
Recently, Goodwill.org released a fun snapguide for those of you who might enjoy hosting a festive holiday sweater party! In brief, the guide shared a few of the following tips and then we added a few:
1. Set a date and invite over friends.
2. Encourage your friends to find their sweaters at a local Goodwill using the store locator.
3. Buy your party supplies at a local Goodwill (and donate things you aren’t using while you are there because donating your old items creates jobs!)
4. Take the Sweater Quiz to determine the right holiday sweater for your personality.
5. Get ready for the party!
6. Take a picture of your #SweaterSelfie and post to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or wherever you post online.
7. Have a great time and take lots of pictures!
You can celebrate #GivingTuesday today by simply cleaning out a closet, bagging up old dishes and clothes and driving them to a Goodwill® near you. To find a local store near you, check out the Goodwill store locator.
Donating to Goodwill® can help provide job training programs, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people with disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face other challenges to finding employment. In fact, Goodwill is the leading nonprofit provider of job training programs and career services in the United States and Canada.
Here is one woman for whom Goodwill made a BIG difference. Watch Candice’s story below.